Friday, November 26, 2010

Calling all Starcraft 2 players in NUS~

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to visit this site! if you're here, you either heard of this by word of mouth or.. just randomly bloghopped/googled and found this.

Anyway, in short, I want to start an interest group for Starcraft 2 players from NUS.
No real commitment is required, and there are only 2 requirements:
1) You must play Starcraft 2 (i.e. possess your own copy of Starcraft 2... I'm not sponsoring you :p )
2) You must be from NUS (Read below for exceptions)
(a 3rd requirement which is not so much of a requirement but a comptability issue, is that you should play on SEA server)

If you are interested, do read on after the page break!




Introduction
Ok first a quick introduction about meI've been playing Starcraft since the original series, back in 1999, and was one of those crazy people who queued up for hours at Funan when Starcraft 2 first came out this year. I've only finished the campaign on normal mode (Not like those hardcore campaigners who cleared all Brutal) because my focus was more on ladder matches.

I play on SEA server, play Zerg mainly, am currently ranked 1 in my diamond league, and am in diamond league for 2v2, 3v3(random) and 4v4(random) as well. My win % is relatively decent at just under 55%.
Here's my profile page if you're interested:
http://sea.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/43583/1/crAzerk/

As you can see, my focus is on 1v1 and I love playing to improve and to climb the ladder. I'm not the best of players, just an average diamond player I guess, still lose my fair share of games against lower league players.
Ok, enough of me, now about this interest group.

What is this about?
Well, I really love playing Starcraft 2, and I'm sure there are others in NUS who love to play as well. The purpose of this is to provide a platform or at least to unite all the players to create a community of Starcraft 2 players from NUS.
The goals are simple:
- To gather all SC2 players
- To help each other improve
- To have friends to play team games with
- To have our own tournaments!
- To join tournaments (?)

I was thinking more on the first 3, but of course the last goal is a possibility, though... I haven't really heard of any local tournaments and as far as I know there aren't any team tournaments yet. The 4th one is only possible if we have a sizeable group of players.

The plan is to have a forum set up, or a Facebook group or something to that effect.

Requirements?
As stated, you need to have your own copy of Starcraft 2, and you should be from NUS. If you are not from NUS and you REALLY want to join still, you can still contact me and we can talk. Of course, you should play on SEA server too!
Other than that - there are no requirements! You can be in bronze league or even haven't touched league games before, and you are still welcome to join!

PLUS, there is NO COMMITMENT required! Think you are not coping with your studies and don't want to play? no problem. Get bored of playing? no problem. That is the idea for now. Think of it as putting your name down for a lucky draw. Just that the prize you win is.. SC2 buddies hahaha.

How do I join?
Just drop me an email at diabteo@hotmail.com with the subject title 'Starcraft 2 @ NUS' , and kindly help to fill up these simple questions in your email:
Name(You can put your In-Game Nickname if you are uncomfortable with revealing your real name for some reason):
Contact Details (MSN, telephone number - whatever you are willing to give)
Fulfil all requirements?: Yes /No(if no, which one)
Level of expertise: (e.g. unranked/bronze/silver/gold/plat/diamond/top100)
Race that you use most: (e.g. zerg, terran, protoss,)
Any other comments/queries:

OR, if you are too lazy to do this then just leave your name (or SC2 nick+char code) and contact details in the email and we'll talk more on in-game or on MSN or something.

Questions!?
Just drop me a comment using the comment button below, or of course just drop me an email at diabteo@hotmail.com


Thanks! Hope to hear from you soon!

-crAzerk

No comments:

Post a Comment